Sunday, October 20, 2013

Wedding Reception Table DIY Design



So, this isn't sewing related, but it (and a few other posts I have planned) helps document some of my other DIY projects for the wedding.

I created two reception table arrangements for our guests to sign in as they entered and greeted us, and to share something about us as a couple.

The Pilot purchased a large square matte for our guests to sign--instead of a guest book--that we can use to frame a special wedding photo and create a new family-centered display over our mantelpiece.  This was placed at the entrance to the reception so guests could "sign in" while waiting to greet us.

The second table was placed just inside the reception area.  Here we displayed some family photos.  At the center we placed a mosaic of photos I took on one of our hikes in Brown County State Park--the site of our wedding--surrounding one of the first photos taken of us as a couple. 




Framed mosaic of photos surrounding wedding couple
DIY Wedding Reception Table Centerpiece
Surrounding this centerpiece, we grouped 5x7 photos of us as a couple, and four 4x6 photos that spelled "L-O-V-E."  These last four I created using graphics from Publisher, saved them as jpg, opened them in Picasa, then centered the letters in an italic font in bold in the largest font size available.


All of these Little Miss helped me frame for display!

What a great way to share our new family's connection with each other, with the site of our wedding, and give our guests a glimpse of us as a couple!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 
 
Wedding Reception Table DIY Decoration--"LOVE"

Till Next Time--Ayana


 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Ayana! This is Claire from errantpear - I finally made my way over to your blog and I'm glad I did! I hear you finished your wedding dress it record time. I can't wait to see the pics! Thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Claire! Thanks so much for stopping by! I have some sneak peeks from the photographer that I'll post soon. The dress I made wasn't nearly as intricate as the one you made--I was going for simple and (hopefully) elegant--but I designed it myself, while learning how to sew, and had a great time working on it!

      Delete

Thanks for your Comments! Please leave your name, or a link to your blog.